Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Chapter Fifteen - Well, That was Unexpected.

Evidently, it appeared as though Autumn wasn't the only one in the family way after four of the Eight got a little too frisky. River ended up reaquainting herself with breakfast...and after brushing her teeth, she ended up falling into Haruo's arms; Haruo trying to console her with regards to her impending motherhood. It seemed like so much responsibility was being forced on her at one time and well, she was entitled to break down once as she'd been so stoic before.

"I don't know if I'm ready for this..." River told her boyfriend.

"You'll do OK..." Haruo tried to reassure her. "And I'll be right there through every step of the way..."

"Do you really mean it?"

"I do..." Haruo said to her.

"So are you going to make me an honest woman?" River, her tone coy, asked him.

Her only answer was Haruo folding her into his arms and kissing her deeply.

When she caught her breath, she just breathed, "wow..."

Haruo looked over at her and said, "I know that this isn't the wedding that you dreamed of, but considering the circumstances..."

"I don't care..." River said, "Just so long as you and I are together...through whatever may happen..."

...and so they had their wedding in private, just the two of them.

...and so two hearts became one in wedded bliss. And River and Haruo slept that night comforted in the fact that they had each other to lean on in the impending hard times.

No comments:

Post a Comment